Are You Being Sued by Unifund?

Unifund CCR LLC is a debt collector that purchases debts, primarily credit card, household and consumer debts. They were registered with the California Secretary of State on 10/11/2011, Entity Number 201129910225. Unifund is represented by the following law firms: Kenosian and Miele, Lang Richert and Patch, Quall Cardot.
If you have been sued by Kenosian and Miele, Lang Richert and Patch, or Quall Cardot in a Unifund case, or other collection lawsuit, please contact us for a free consultation.

collection defense attorney if sued or harrased by unifund

Are you being harassed by Unifund?

If you are being harassed by telephone or mail by Unifund, please contact us. For more information about debt collection harassment, credit repair, or to learn about Unifund, please call us for a free consultation.

If You Do Not Respond to the Lawsuit by Unifund

If you do not address this lawsuit by Unifund, the debt collector could win the case by default, also known as a default judgment, which could result in your wages being garnished or bank accounts seized. If the debt collector wins the case by default, they can make your employer withhold up to 25 percent of your paycheck.

You must file a written response with the court, in the proper legal format, within 30 days after you are served. If you choose to represent yourself, you can obtain the forms in the civil clerk's office at the courthouse where your case was filed.

If you are representing yourself, be careful. You will likely receive a document in the mail titled "Request for Admissions" as well as Requests for Production of Documents and Interrogatories. If you do not respond to this paperwork in time, the debt collector will file a motion forcing you to respond, and you may lose your case.

While we cannot guarantee any specific outcomes, having a lawyer representing you can significantly change the way plaintiff debt collectors approach your case. In a small debt case, they may dismiss the case entirely rather than go to the trouble of dealing with an attorney. In a larger debt case, they may quickly accept a low settlement and payment plan.

If you have been sued by Unifund, please contact Attorney Adam Hollander-Urbach, Esq. immediately.

To schedule a consultation in your fight against Unifund with an experienced debt defense attorney, call us at 310-461-1938.